- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, or spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add onions, diced apples, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir to combine.
- Place one sheet of phyllo onto baking sheet and use a pastry brush to apply a thin layer of sour cream evenly across the entire sheet. (If your sour cream is too thick, stir in 1/2 teaspoon tap water.) Repeat two more times. Arrange half of the onion & apple mixture evenly on top of the third phyllo sheet. Sprinkle with half of the feta cheese.
- Repeat step #4, then place two additional sheets of pastry on top of filling, applying sour cream to ONLY the first one.
- Lightly brush the top sheet of pastry with egg wash. Use a very sharp knife to cut the uncooked pastry into even squares, then place baking sheet onto center rack of heated oven.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown.
- Allow pastry to cool on rack slightly before using a spatula to transfer to a serving platter. Enjoy!
NOTES: Working with phyllo pastry can be a bit tricky, as it will dry out quickly. To help prevent this, work quickly, and keep unused phyllo covered with a damp kitchen towel as you put the dish together.
For more of Chef Becca's delicious recipes, visit http://www.itsyummi.com/